Posted in Uncategorized on Mar 15,2013
A cancer-fighter, a fat-burner, and much more, matcha leaves other green teas far behind…
The weather was a bit warmer yesterday and I found myself thinking about how delicious an iced drink would taste. I wanted something with a little bit of protein, some healthy carbs, and extra energy before heading to the gym… I decided it’s finally iced green tea season!! Hooray! This drink is amazing and I highly recommend it for those of you looking for a healthy, natural energy boost! I order it from Starbucks as follows: Grande Iced Soy Green Tea Late with NO Classic. Classic is their sugar syrup, and you do not need it, I promise, it is sweet and tasty enough as is. The soy milk Starbucks’ uses is organic, and I’ve asked to see the matcha green tea powder they use, it’s real green tea powder. It is so delicious that I have to remind myself to take my time enjoying it, to be mindful, and not to suck it down within 2 minutes back in my car! It gives me amazing, light energy before a workout and I know I’m feeding my muscles with some organic soy protein.
Check out just some of matcha’s health benefits…
- Is packed with antioxidantsincluding the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism, increases endurance, and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms and relaxes
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Fights against viruses and bacteria
- Is rich in fiber
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
- Does not raise insulin levels
You can also buy your own matcha green tea powder (it even comes in single serving packets) and make your own iced late, with or without milk.
No Comments | Have a comment? Leave one.